June 9, 2018

Sunday Stealing: The Little Stinker Edition

Thanks to Bev for finding another fun bunch of questions for us to answer.

Click to visit the
Sunday Stealing site!


Bev says, "I got this list from AA's blog, which no longer exists, unfortunately."

1. What brand & flavor of toothpaste do you use? I use Colgate for sensitive teeth and with enamel restoring properties. It's mint flavored. I had to stop using whitening toothpaste (even the mild, not the super duty stuff) because I finally figured out that the reason my mouth was irritated and I hadn't been able to eat anything even mildly spicy for years was due to the whitening agent. I figured it out when my mom's face started to go numb and one of her doctors discovered that was what was causing it.


2. What is your earliest memory?  Being carried through a parking lot and looking over the shoulder of whomever was carrying me. It was raining and we were under an umbrella. I've always had the feeling it was the day I was brought home from the hospital and my mom says it was indeed raining that day. Who knows?!

3. Hot Dogs or Hamburgers?  Usually I will choose a hamburger as I really like a good burger, but I do like hotdogs...just not as much. Unless the burgers are the frozen variety bought by the box. I don't care for those at all...maybe because that's all my husband's family ever served and they always cooked them within an inch of being charcoal. 


4. If you could bring any one famous person back to life, who would it be?  I'm not a royal watcher, but I think I'd bring Princess Diana back. She deserves to see her sons grown up, her grandchildren, and I think she'd like the way the royals have softened on things. A little too late for her, but they have changed.


5. What is one thing we would always find in your fridge... what one thing would we never find?  You'll always find diet Coke, but you'll never find olives, liver, or egg plant.


6. Did you have to go and look for the answer of #1?  Nope.


7. Why don't watermelons grow on trees?  They're too heavy. What do you think old Isaac Newton would have come up with if a watermelon had fallen out of a tree and bonked him on the head?


8. What is something that you own that you should probably just throw in the trash, but you never will?  All the stuff that came out of my grandmother's cedar chest. What am I going to do with a picture of her high school class from their 50th reunion, the menu from the cruise she took to the Bahamas, a bag of hair from my first haircut (which was my aunt's first professional cut as a stylist), or pictures of the people she went on a bus trip around the western U.S. with (among other things)?


9. I push you into a room and lock the door. I leave you there for 6 hours. The walls are chalkboards and in the middle of the room there is a box of colored chalk. What will be written/drawn on the walls when I let you out?  I have no idea. I'd just let my imagination go where it wanted at the time.


10. When was the last time you changed the oil on your car?  I just had that done last week.


11. In your extended family, who has been married the longest?  If we're not counting the length of marriages for those who have passed on....it's me! No one else even comes close. Not in either one of our families.


12. Name one thing that is so normal to you now that someone who was your age 50 years ago would think was abnormal.  Only one thing?  Off the top of my head I thought of speaking to the remote to change the channel, computers, cell phones, microwave ovens, GPS and backup cameras, digital cameras....


13. Have you ever wanted someone or something so bad that it hurt?  I suppose I did when I was young, but not in a long, long time.


14. What do you dip your french fries in?  Ketchup. Heinz. And only Heinz.


15. What was the last picture that you took?  I took this one today (Saturday) of our new "babies." I wanted a picture before my husband tries to trap and relocate them. They are adorable now...tiny and wobbly like new kittens. I don't even think the stink has come in yet, but they will grow and they are right by the jungle gym we built for the grandkids. Plus, if they are there...Mom must be under the workshop, too.





10 comments:

  1. I suspect the royals may have softened BECAUSE of Diana! I also agree with you on things to throw away. I have stuff from my late mother-in-law, my mother, my dead sons, and my own detritus. I have told my daughter she has my permission to blow up the house after I've gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Diana's death ushered in a new era among the royals. I don't have any trouble tossing things...until it comes to sentimental things that belonged to those I loved. I'm giggling at you telling your daughter to blow up the house after you're gone. My mom went through a phase of collecting Avon bottles back in the 70s and early 80s. They were highly collectible and valuable for a time, but like Beanie Babies it was short-lived and if you still had them when the trend was over.... Mom had at least 1000 of them, all with the original boxes. She had them out on display for years till I finally told her if she didn't do something with them I was going to dump them in the hole with her! She packed them up, but they are still in the attic.

      Delete
  2. What is your earliest memory?

    Being born in hospital in Ward A, B and C - I was a big baby. The nurse looked at me and punched my father.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh--Diana is a wonderful choice, for all the reasons you gave! (I am a royal watcher and can't believe I didn't think of her)

    I love skunk babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really cute. When I was a kid and we lived in the wildlife preserve, one of the research students staying there had a litter of them that she descented. They were so fun to play with. I have to say, they still had a pretty strong musky scent, though.

      Delete
  4. I think your first memory is amazing. We eat only Heinz in this house, too. I wouldn't even think of buying another brand. In fact, there are restaurants we don't return to because they don't use Heinz . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yep, living not far outside of Pittsburgh this is Heinz country!

      Delete
  5. Instinctively. My first choice was Diana, as well. I wonder who among us hasn't watched her sons and wondered what might have been.
    Your answer to #8 has prompted me to take inventory of my own hope chest so my grand girls won't have to make these difficult decisions some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always feel bad that she didn't see the boys grow up and that they were cheated out of having a wonderful mother.
      I'm sure your granddaughters will thank you!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.