1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter.
Well, I need to get serious about doing some exercises, not for swimsuit season, but because of losing weight. I need to develop some muscle mass to tone things up. So far I've hauled out the Total Gym and set it up. I also have a Fluidity Barre and Tai Cheng waiting in the wings. As for something that's not on the list, I love browsing through gardening catalogs and magazines and planning my garden.
2. Tell us about something you've seen or done recently that you'd say was 'super'?
Our daughter shared a video today of our grandson in which she asks him how old he is and he holds up one finger. I thought that was pretty super!
3. Best thing you ate in a 'bowl' last week?
The ground beef soup I made one cold night after work. It was just the thing to warm us back up after being out in the cold all day.
4. Something you're 'cheering' for right now?
A friend's marriage. Two weeks ago it looked like it was over, but she and her husband are at least communicating and he went with her to counseling yesterday. It's a tough situation, but I hate to see a marriage end so I'm rooting for them to make it.
5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you'll find a list here).
We always watched them when I was growing up, but then we watched ALL sports that were on at my house....and back then there were only 3 channels to watch, which kind of limited the choices. My husband is not into sports at all. He takes after his dad that way. So, I guess I'm about a 3 or 4 on the interest scale. I'll watch if they're on and my husband doesn't want to watch something else, but I won't be heartbroken if I don't see any of it. My favorite events have always been bobsledding and the luge, followed by figure skating.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We are expecting nasty weather to move in during the night (I'm typing on Tuesday evening) and nearly all the area schools have already called a 2-hour delay for tomorrow morning, that way they can see how it plays out and decide whether to have school or cancel. I don't know about anyone else, but I am totally over winter.
UPDATED: We have a full fledged snow day! Yippee!
Thanks to Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond
for dreaming up the questions each week
and playing hostess to us all.
Be sure to pop over and check out the
links to other posts and to let Joyce know
you appreciate her efforts!
Have a blessed day!
(And stay safe and warm wherever you are.)