Anyway....on with the show.
I'm joining in with Sam and the gang at Saturday 9 for some musical fun. If you enjoy this week's tune be sure to stop over and let Sam know. You can even find the rules to join the fun and links to the other players.
Saturday 9: Get Down Tonight (1975)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Tonight, KC has three things on his "to-do" list: do a little dance, make a little love and get down. Tell us three things you'd like to accomplish this weekend. Hmm...I've pretty much accomplished what I hoped to for the weekend and it's only Friday night. I'm on a little getaway and have spent 2 whole days with my hubby so far (!!!), I saw some of my cousins and we had dinner with them, we followed part of the wine trail and restocked our supply, we ate at my favorite diner, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner at a local Italian place, I found cute little booties with barely any heel, I found sexy knee-high black, leather Guess boots, and I picked up a few Christmas gifts.
2) This week's song is considered emblematic of disco, a genre that had as many detractors as fans. Is there a kind of music you simply cannot stand? I'm not really a fan of pure, hardcore rap or any kind music that promotes/glorifies violence and hate.
3) Before becoming a musician, KC, aka Harry Casey, worked in a record store. In those days, record stores were very popular. Peaches, Coconuts, Sam Goody and Tower Records are four store chains that once dotted the landscape but now are gone. Today, if you wanted to purchase a CD, where would you turn? One of the big box stores like Walmart or Target or online from Amazon or something.
4) One of his duties at the record store was unloading the big corrugated shippers filled with LPs. What's the heaviest thing you've lifted lately? I hefted my big dog into the tub last week. I think he weighs about 70 pounds.
5) KC is proud that he's lived his entire life in Miami-Dade County. Do you expect to change your address in the next year or so? Not unless I win the Powerball.
6) In 1975, the year this song was popular, former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared, never to be seen again. Many theories flourish about what may have happened to him. Is there a famous criminal case that has a hold on your attention? No, I can't think of any. My husband loves watching the true crime shows. That's more than enough for me.
7) Jaws was the most popular movie of 1975. Are you afraid of sharks? Terrified and it's all because I nagged my mom until she gave in and took me to see Jaws. I haven't been in the ocean further than my ankles since. And confession time....for months afterward I was scared to let a hand or foot hang over the edge of the bed for fear a shark would bite it off.
8) Actress Angelina Jolie was born in 1975. People magazine once named her "most beautiful." Who is the most beautiful woman you can think of? I've always thought Sandra Bullock is quite lovely and under rated.
9) Random question: A wizard offers you a choice -- would you like your life to stay as it is right now (in terms of your health, your career, your relationships and your finances) for the next 5 years, or would you like to take a chance that the future will be brighter? I would take a chance.
That's it for this week. Thanks for playing along. I'm going to say goodnight and call it a day. It's late and we have a full day of antiquing our way back home tomorrow (and maybe a stop by our son's house to visit him and his family).