July 8, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Put Your Questions in a Box

Sunday Stealing is beginning a new era today with our new host, Bev Sykes. Welcome, Bev, and thank you for taking over and keeping the fun alive!




1. Where were you three hours ago?  In the kitchen washing dishes.  Exciting, no?

2. Make a confession.
 Not unless you're a priest....and I'm not Catholic.  I'm not even a lapsed Catholic, so the answer is still no.

3. Bad habits?  Procrastination, over-analyzing things, Facebook, sarcasm, piling stuff up on the kitchen island...


4. Favorite color?  Pumpkin orange specifically, but in general, I like the whole fall pallet of colors.


5. Can you drive?  I work as a school bus driver, so yes, that's something I can do and do well.  The school district is in a rural and mountainous area so I often have to drive under winter conditions that would make you need to change your Depends.


6. 3 pet peeves.  1. People who pull out right in front of the school bus because O.M.G...they can't get stuck behind a bus!  Then they make the very next turn off, 100ft. down the road.  Grrrrr!  2. People who borrow my books and either don't return them or return them in worse condition than they got them.  3.  People who "play" on their phones while you are talking to them then later ask questions that had they been listening they'd know the answers to.


7. Last person you hugged.  My husband.


8. Something you miss.  I think I'm getting old....I could fill a book with all the things I miss and feel nostalgic about.


9. What song is stuck in your head at the moment?  John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16




10. Favorite quote.  




11. Favorite band.  I really like the Christian group, Casting Crowns, but I also like The Steve Miller Band, Bob Segar and The Silver Bullet Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Eagles, Styx....


12. Something you're excited for.  Our daughter's wedding in September.


13. Favorite movie.  Dirty Dancing. 


14. What type of phone do you have?  Samsung Note 5.


15. Favorite animal.  I like all animals (except for snakes and sharks....okay, and I'm not exactly crazy about anything reptilian) but I guess if you make me choose just one animal I'll pick dogs.  I've always had one.  And specifically, these two are my favorites:



17 comments:

  1. Fall colors are really beautiful. And so are your doggies!
    You must see a lot of "stupid" on the road when you drive your bus. I think of you and my other bus driving friend all the time. Hoping you are both safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could write a book on the "stupid" I see while driving the bus.
      Thank you for thinking of us bus drivers. :)

      Delete
  2. Giggling over your response to #2 ... that's so great!
    I like that favorite quote, as well. 'Hadn't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shared the quote on Facebook a while back and it has just stuck in my head. I love the way it expresses what my faith means to me.

      Delete
  3. We had a poodle when I was growing up. If I were to have a dog I think I'd want another poodle. When we vacationed last year in the Poconos, we found the roads somewhat treacherous (although the asphalt was better than in Virginia - fewer potholes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with poodles in the family and just love them even though most people don't. They are smart, little people-pleasers and they don't shed. If you have allergies you might be okay with one.

      I live on the other side of the state, a little southwest of Pittsburgh, and you won't find our asphalt to be better than yours. We have the WORST roads!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter on her wedding! Your dogs are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yeah, they're cute and they know it. (Translation...they know how to work it.)

      Delete
  6. I admire you being a bus driver--truly the unsung hero of the school system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's nice to hear, but it's you teachers that are the stars and you have to put up with the little buggers all day every day. Still, it's a team...takes a lot of people (or a village) to raise them up. :)

      Delete
  7. Great quote! I agree with you about the phones. I always try to give the school buses first shot. Those are our kids 'you' are carrying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! Not very many people play it smart around buses. It always surprises me the risks they will take with their lives and the lives of kids.

      Delete
  8. You and Frank ... Sinatra's favorite color was orange, too, and he insisted seeing it lifted his mood. He always had orange throw pillows in his dressing room and he reached for an orange cardigan when he had the blues. Do you find it brightens your outlook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that it does that, but I do see it as a "happy" color in a vibrant, alive way. I love all the fall colors...orange, red, gold, brown, sage...and everyone who comes to my house that is decorated in those colors comments on how cozy it feels.

      Delete
  9. I should have added procrastination to my list of bad habits. I agree with your pet peeves. I love your favorite quote.

    Oh my gosh, we love the same kind of music. I still listen to classic rock! I saw Bob Segar at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in 1983 and the concert was amazing!

    Congratulations to your daughter! I love Dirty Dancing too, and am watching it again this month for Food N' Flix.

    I love all animals too, but dogs have been my favorite all my life, and now I'm a cat person too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seger is coming to Pittsburgh in August or September...I keep dropping hints since my birthday is in August.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.