This week I am thankful...
* for today's all-day rain. I really am. It will wash away the pollen (at least for a day or two) that has been making that bothersome postnasal drip and cough come back. All the allergy tests last week came back negative, but it sure feels like allergies to me.
* I saw my PCP today and found out the next steps to find the underlying cause of my respiratory woes. For one thing, I have to see an eye/ear/nose/throat specialist to see if there's something wrong with my sinuses. I also have to go to a pulmonologist (spelling? Is that even a thing?), because while the pulmonary function test shows that my lungs are in good shape and I don't have asthma or COPD or anything like that, way down deep in my lungs I don't exchange oxygen and CO2 like they should. The suspected reason is sleep apnea so I'm heading for a sleep study in the near future.
* My mom got a new puppy. She finally took the leap. After having to put hers down last year she said no more dogs, but she's been looking at ads for several months now. She is happy and it gives her something to do. Meet Lacey!
* There are only 33 days of school left! We have reached the point in the year when I can't even begin to express how happy that makes me. Barring any unforeseen nasty weather and school closings our final day is May 26. I will be done before Memorial Day for the first time ever.
* I have a dentist appointment on Monday and so far my tooth is cooperating by not turning into a full blown tooth ache. I know it's not far off, but Monday was the soonest I could get an appointment time that didn't require taking time off work. Spring is the busiest season in the school bus game...lots of sports and field trips. We've already been told not to bother asking for any time off because the answer will be NO!
* For this little guy who just gets cuter every day and fills my heart with such joy.
* For all of you! Have a blessed day!