Tidbit #1: I am officially NOT sick!. Yes, I am still coughing my head off, but I'm not sick. I just have "reactive bronchial tubes." It's not asthma or bronchitis, but it acts like them. Basically, my bronchial tubes are highly susceptible to things that trigger spasms and once triggered, said spasms just hang on. And on. And on. The trick now, is to un-trigger them. I had a big breathing treatment last night and now it's on to more quality time with an inhaler, Prednisone, and an antibiotic (just in case).
Tidbit #2: If you don't like today's weather, wait 5 minutes. Literally. At least if you're in my corner of Pennsylvania. One minute the sun is out and blindingly brilliant. The next it's dark enough to turn lights on and it's snowing. At the moment the sun is out and it's snowing. Ah, fickle March.
By the way, it's supposed to be back up to 50 degrees on Sunday.
Tidbit #3: Time for a pity party. My favorite Christian music group is in Pittsburgh for a concert tomorrow night and I won't be there. Casting Crowns music is so blessed. I truly believe they are anointed by God. There have been several times when I've been driving and in earnest prayer about something (hey, when I'm alone on the drive to work is a great time for prayer) and when I'm done I'll turn up the radio and Casting Crowns will be on and a verse I've heard a thousand times, but is totally in line with what I was praying about will jump out at me. The timing, the message....I have no doubt God has spoken to me directly through their lyrics.
Here's a favorite:
Tidbit #4: I didn't get to post yesterday so I missed out on Thankful Thursday. Again. It's my favorite post of each week, though, so I'm going to do it a day late again. Jumping in with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand, here's part of my list.
- I'm thankful my daughter got some reassurance that she is not losing her mind. Depression and postpartum depression are nothing to take lightly.
- I'm thankful for each day of my new grandson's life. It is a blessing to be near enough to see him often and watch the changes in him. His smile makes my day.
- I am thankful that we're finally doing something about this cough of mine.
- I'm thankful that as my husband's gums continue to heal and he gets used to his dentures that he remains pleased and pain-free!
- I am thankful it's Friday. It's been a long week.
- I am thankful that I will be able to go to bible study next week. My teacher's husband had major heart surgery at Christmas so either I've not been able to go because of being sick or it has been canceled because so many have been out sick. I have only been there once since Christmas. I MISS it!
- I'm thankful my mom dropped my Poodle off at the groomers for me on Wednesday. I can't really get there with my work schedule this year. My little fuzz ball was such a dirty, matted mess and now she's so pretty.
- And of course I am thankful for each one of you!
That's all for this week. I promise to do a little better next time. Hey, I did warn you this blog was a journey with no destination in mind. We're just going to see where it takes us.