1. If someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to? Let's see....they would need to read the Bible, mysteries, and a little chick lit (Oh, who am I kidding? Just read books. I love books!)...they would need to watch The Big Bang Theory, really bad reality shows, and a wide variety of news shows...they would need to listen to pretty much anything and everything since I have very eclectic musical tastes.
2. Have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who? I don't think I've found anyone just like me lately, but there were a couple who came close "back in the day." They aren't around as bloggers any more.
3. List your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with. I don't think I identify with any fandoms. I'm not really the fangirl type.
4. Do you like your name? Is there another name you think would fit you better? I didn't really like it when I was growing up and went through phases of wanting to be Marcia (as in Brady) or Heather, but I'm fine with it now. I can't think of any that I think would fit me better, it is after all who I've been for nearly 53 years.
5. Do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? Do you identify yourself by the things you do? I think both. I try to do new things and also to do things to help others. I don't really identify myself by the things I do, though, except I supposed to some degree by my job. We are in our world quick to want to know what everyone does, but my job is not something I'm terribly attached to or think of as who I am.
6. Are you religious/spiritual? I guess the simple answer would be yes, I am a Christian. I am not, however, a fan of mainstream religions. I believe it's all about having a relationship with God, not about all the traditions and rules man has imposed.
7. Do you care about your ethnicity? What ethnicity? I'm as white as it gets. I do appreciate my family history, though, and enjoy learning more about my ancestors.
8. What musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime? The Doors, Journey, The Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Billy Joel, and Casting Crowns.
9. Are you an artist? I think I'm creative, but I'm not an artist.
10. Do you have a creed? Love others, do good, and try to leave the world better than you found it.
11. Describe your ideal day. An early morning walk on the beach, a morning spent doing something fun with my grandkids, lunch with friends, an afternoon of reading or browsing in a bookstore, and dinner with all my family.
12. Dog person or cat person? I like both, but I've always had dogs and only rarely cats.
13. Inside or outdoors? Outdoors if the weather is nice. Indoors if it's cold or wet.
14. Are you a musician? Bahahahahaha! That would be a NO.
15. Five most influential books over your lifetime. The Bible, Little Women, Black Like Me, Misty of Chincoteague, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
16. If you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same? Probably not. We are shaped by our experiences.
17. Would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”? I don't have a "tumblr."
18. What’s your patron-us? Huh?
19. Which Harry Potter house would you be in? Or are you a muggle? I haven't ever read (or watched) any of the Harry Potter books so I have no idea.
20. Would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else? None of those appeal to me so I'm going to have to go with somewhere else.
21. Do you love easily? I do when it comes to "loving others as yourself" but not so much when it comes to the world's standards of "love."
22. List the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order. Work, online stuff (blogging, FB, etc.), Christian study, family, and chores.
23. How often would you want to see your family every year? My immediate family I would be fine with seeing every day. Some of my extended family...a little less often would do.
24. Have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone? No.
25. Could you live as a hermit? Probably all too easily.
26. How would you describe your gender/sexuality? I really don't find any need to define it because I think it's pretty clear, but if I must...I am a heterosexual female.
27. Do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”? Yes, except for my weight. I have the body of an athlete on the inside. LOL
28. On a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin? With 10 being the hardest....I'd say about a 9. It can happen, but I just don't allow it much. It's a waste of energy and time.
29. Three songs that you connect with right now.
30. Pick one of your favorite quotes. It's from my dad: "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all."
Don't forget to stop by Sunday Stealing
to join in the fun!