December 14, 2017

A Snowy Thankful Thursday

I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday and I'm hoping I won't have to do a rush job...my free time just got shorter because my daughter saw on Facebook that I don't have work today (snow day here in the mountains of southwestern PA and school is closed) and decided I needed to babysit so she can get her house cleaned.  So, here we go!


This week I am thankful...

* for a snow day! There's so much I can use the time to get done. Plus, I am glad intelligence won the day and for once we are not out there on the roads.

* for God's protection on Tuesday afternoon. A few squalls passed through the area just as we were taking the kids home (of course) and the road that makes up my bus run was a sheet of ice from one end to the other. The bus slid sideways off the road and into a ditch at my first stop. Out of that mess, I made it up the mountain and back down on the first run, but parents who lived up on top were called to meet me at the bottom to collect their kids. It was still 6:00 by the time I got home!

* for the kind gentleman who stopped when the bus was in the ditch and acted as my eyes on the outside and helped me drive the bus free. (And maybe I'm just a little thankful that the man was a dead ringer for Pierce Brosnan in his slightly younger, yummier days!)

* for Colton's 1st birthday and the wonderful year we've had with him in our lives. His party was Sunday and was a huge successs.

Stripped down and waiting for his cake.

Another memorable display by our cupcake lady.

Opening gifts with Mommy and cousins.

First ride on his new wheels.

M-mmmm.
* Tim's most recent round of blood work and tests show everything to be fine. The doctor keeps telling him to get the CPAP machine and use it, that he's pretty sure the exhaustion and aches are all from the sleep apnea. Tim doesn't seem to believe that, but I'm working on him.

* for another great time with our son's family. It's still new to us and we are so very, very thankful as we never thought it would be this way.

* that our son seems to be coming back around to some of the values he was raised with.

* that it is getting easier to come home to a house without Elvis in it. I still miss his wagging tail and excited hound dog bray that welcomed me every single time I walked in the door and his soft snores from the couch, but it doesn't hurt quite as much.

* for Christmas movies! I'm kind of addicted to them and the cheesier and more over the top they are, the better I like them. I've also gotten sucked into the Hallmark movies this year. 

* for each and every one of you!

Have a blessed day and stay safe and warm wherever you are!

10 comments:

  1. So glad you were safe in the slide. So scary.
    Tell your hubby my dad fought for YEARSSSSSS the idea of getting one of those machines. He fianlly gave in & now he always says he cant believe he wasted so many restless nights by pride. He says his sleep & body feels so much better, my dad will message him if he need too. Hea a total believer now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him about your dad. Men are so funny that way. My dad was the same about getting a new knee and then after he did, said he wished he'd done it years before.

      Delete
  2. So glad no one was hurt when your bus slid off the road and that you had Pierce Brosnan look-alike to help. I believe I would enjoy that part too. lol

    Happy Birthday to your little Colton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, nothing like being rescued by Pierce to take your mind off the problem!

      Delete
  3. What a fright when the bus slid! Girl, you must have nerves of steel ....Pierce look-alike or not, I'd have been a mess.

    I'm so thrilled for your re-discovered relationship with your son and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No nerves of steel here, but I am less nervous about that sort of thing than when I started the run up on the ridge 5 years ago. I've learned a lot and I'm more confident, but horrendous weather still spikes my stress level.

      Delete
  4. Icy roads and school buses should never meet! That had to be scary....at least until Pierce showed up! LOL Happy birthday to Colton! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great post of thankfulness. So glad for God's protection over you with the bus. Happy for the good news on your husbands test. Looks like a great party for Colton. I've been watching all four Hallmark new movies each weekend along with the ones that have been on Lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough I keep missing the debuts of the new ones and have to catch them in reruns.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.