March 23, 2017

When You Think It's Friday, But It's Thankful Thursday

Hello!  It's time for some thankfulness on this beautiful first Thursday of Spring. I'm running late (as usual...I'm only kidding myself when I think it's a one-time thing), but I don't want to skip my list.  This is my favorite part of the blogging week.  It forces me to take time to take a look back and see the things that blessed me and be grateful for them.  It's such a blessing.  I hope it blesses you, too.

You can find more lists or join in the fun by popping over to visit Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand.


This week I am thankful...

* that my pulmonary function test is over and done with.  I did that today between runs.  It really wasn't so bad and they are going to send it to my primary care physician and the pulmonary doctor I'm to see...just as soon as I reschedule the appointment I missed in February.  That way he won't have to schedule me for another one.  Yea!  I am all for less medical appointments.

* for winning $10 on a $3 scratch-off ticket.  It's not much, but it's so much better than losing.

* that I got to see lots and lots of Colton this week.  He's getting so big.  Three months old, almost 15 pounds and he's jumped up to size 3-6 months.  His little cheeks are so chubby.  I think he's going to be a big boy!


* for how nice it got today.  It was only supposed to be about 45 degrees this afternoon, but the sun has been shining ALL day and at 6:00 the thermometer outside my kitchen window says it's 53 degrees.  It's in the shade, though, so I think it's warmer.  I had to shed my jacket and I have the kitchen window open and the ceiling fan on!  We're expecting temperatures in the 60s and 70s for at least a week.  It might rain a good bit of the time, but that's okay.  I'm just thrilled with the warm up.

* that.....


Okay.....it's not Friday for real, but it's my last work day of the week (got to love those in-service days for teachers) so it's MY Friday.  I don't have any big plans on tap and after all the running around I did this week I'm pretty happy about that.

* that I got to go to bible study on Tuesday.  It's only the second time since Christmas.  I have missed it and my brothers and sisters so much.  I need that time to recharge my battery and get my head on straight.

This week we celebrated the 12th birthday of one woman's daughter with all kinds of goodies.  I also did sort of a little "thing" for her.  God gave me some inspiration on my way home from work Tuesday so I stopped and bought her a shiny plastic tiara with big pink stones.  When I put it on her head I told her that I was giving it to her because every little girl should be a princess on her birthday, but she was to put it somewhere that she could see it every day so it would remind her that:
  1. She is a real princess.  A daughter of the Most High King and an heir to the kingdom of God.
  2. Because she is a princess, she has a calling from God to live a life appropriate for a princess...one that pleases her heavenly Father.
I talked about some other stuff, too.  Like how when she looked around the table she saw her mom, her aunt, her "adopted" grandma, and all the rest of us, but that besides that we are all princesses, too, and thereby her sisters.  I told her that right now she's our baby sister and it's our job to watch out for her, teach her, pray for her and pray with her so she becomes the princess she was called to be.  There was more but this is getting ridiculously long.

I'll just say that everyone was bawling and to wrap it up we gathered around her and prayed for her and also for us as her big sisters.  It was way cool.

* for a hubby who is willing to try my cooking experiments.  Tonight I'm trying a recipe I saw on Facebook.  My hubby's not a big fan of meatless meals, but he's actually looking forward to this one.

Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos.
Recipe here.
* for each one of you!

That's it for this week's list.  There is much, much, more to be thankful for, but we'd be here forever and those mushrooms aren't going to make themselves. Have a blessed weekend, my friends!







2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for the meatless meals - even if its one or two a week. My hubby used to be the biggest meat eater & with me being vegetarian, he probably is at 95% vegetarian now... & he is amazed. He always says, "People dont really know you end up not missing meat" - & this is from a guy who LOVEEEEDDD his meat. ;) Keep at it.

    I'm always happy for a lottery ticket win - even if its just to get my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stuffed mushrooms look delicious! I love your inspiration at Bible study - which totally inspired everyone! Awesome win on the lottery ticket! Wishing you a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.